No Surgery Use Homeopathy for Piles
.Although hemorrhoids are thought of as unpleasant inflammations, we all have them. It is when the hemorrhoidal cushions become too big (inflamed) that problems occur – when this happens they are called piles or pathological hemorrhoids.
“piles” are the swollen ones that are painful and cause problems, hemorrhoids can refer to the swollen ones (pathological hemorrhoids) or simply the normal structure.
Piles can be of various sizes and may be internal (inside the anus) or external ones (outside the anus). Typically, internal piles occur from 2 to 4cm above the opening of the anus. External piles (perianal hematoma) occur on the outside edge of the anus. The internal ones are much more common.3
Internal hemorrhoids –
they are classified into four grades:7
- Grade 1 – there are small inflammations, usually inside the lining of the anus. They are not visible.
- Grade 2 – larger than Grade 1 hemorrhoids, and also inside the anus. When passing a stool they may get pushed out, but soon return.
- Grade 3 – often called ‘prolapsed hemorrhoids’; these appear outside the anus. The patient may feel them hanging out. They can be pushed back in if the patient presses with his/her finger.
- Grade 4 – these cannot be pushed back in and need to be treated by a doctor. They are large and stay outside the anus all the time.
called perianal hematoma. These are small lumps that are located on the outside edge of the anus. They are extremely itchy and can be painful if a blood clot forms inside (thrombosed external hemorrhoid). Thrombosed external hemorrhoid requires medical treatment straight away.8
What are the signs and symptoms of piles?
A symptom is something the patient feels and describes, such as a pain, while a sign is something everybody can see, such as a rash.
- A hard lump may be felt around the anus. It consists of coagulated blood, called a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. This can be extremely painful.
- After going to the toilet, a feeling that the bowels are still full.
- Bright red blood after a bowel movement.
- Itchiness in the anus area.
- Mucus discharge when emptying the bowels.
- Pain while defecating.
- The anus area may be red and sore.
- When passing a stool the person may strain excessively.
The blood vessels around the anus and in the rectum will stretch under pressure and may swell or bulge. Inflamed veins (hemorrhoids) can develop when pressure increases in the lower rectum. This may be due to:
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Lifting heavy weights.11
- Straining when passing a stool.13
What are the treatment options for piles?
In the majority of cases, piles resolve on their own without the need for any treatment. Treatments can help significantly reduce the discomfort and itching that many patients experience.
A good doctor will initially recommend some lifestyle changes.
Diet - piles can be caused by too much straining when doing bowel movements, which is the result of constipation. A change in diet can help keep the stools regular and soft. This involves eating more fiber, such as fruit and vegetables, or even switching your cereal breakfast to bran.16
Water is the best drink, and the patient may be advised to increase his/her water consumption. Some experts say too much caffeine is not good.
Body weight - if the patient is obese, losing weight may help reduce the incidence and severity of hemorrhoids.
Simple things you can do yourself to help prevent piles:
- Try not to strain when you go to the toilet.
- Avoid laxatives.
HOMEOPATHY TREATMENT FOR PILESThis is one of the so called surgical diseases where homoeopathy can successfully reduce the use of scissors and scalpels to give relief and many patients worldwide are enjoying the benefits of homoeopathy and can avoid the operation theatre lifelong. Where in many patients, the progress of the disease is stopped by proper homoeopathic treatment, and they live rest of their lives with piles but little or no suffering, many other patients are fortunate enough to get complete recovery. The possibility of success depends mostly on stage of the disease and it is the most important part to realise. Like all other systems and homoeopathy has its limitations and best result should not be expected once the pathology is much advanced.it is treated in homeopathy by constitutional medications which relives ressure and which initiates free stools. Thus constitutional homeopathic medications restore your body’s normal functions.
Aesculus hippocastanum- is a frequently indicated remedy in piles. There is intense dryness and heat of rectum, sensation of knife like pain, as if full of small sticks, excessive burning in anus. But the main characteristic is that the piles are mostly non bleeding. There is severe backache and extremely irritability which is almost always associated.