Homeopathy for Freckles
Freckles are flat, irregular spots that develop randomly on the skin, particularly on the cheeks. They vary in color but are always darker than the normal skin around them. They are more prominent in persons of fair complexion.
Freckles are little brown spots on the skin that are caused by the sun. Ephelides which are also known as (Freckles are flat, tanned circular spots. They are multiple in number and of the size of a pin-head.
They develop randomly on the skin, esp. After repeated exposure to sunlight. They are quite harmless and rarely develop into skin cancer.
These are particularly common in people of fair complexion esp. Those with red hairs. They appear on upper-body skin areas like the cheeks, nose, arms, chest and upper shoulders.
Ephelides (Freckles) can be in different colors like reddish, light –dark brown, dark yellow, black, etc. They tend to become darker and prominent after exposure to sunlight. Later they get lighter in winter season.
They appear due to an increase in the amount of dark pigment called melanin produced by cells called melanocytes. They don't produce much melanin during the winter months, but produce more when exposed to the sun. Most often sun protection itself will reduce the occurrence and severity of Ephelides (Freckles).
Homeopathy has good scope in treating Ephelides (Freckles). Prolonged Homeopathic treatment lessens the tendency of freckle formation and flaring-up of Ephelides (Freckles). Thus, homeopathy is effective in treating this condition.
As it affects complexion and appearance of person, it leads to psychological complaints too like low self-esteem, embarrassment, anxiety, etc.
Causes of developmentThere are many different causes of Ephelides (Freckles) but one main cause thought to be is repeated and prolonged exposure to sunlight. The exposure increases the production of pigment melanin that gets deposited in certain areas of the skin making them look darker but this does not happen to everyone because every person is not equally sensitive to sunlight. Generally, persons with fair complexion are more sensitive to sunlight than dark-skinned persons but this does not mean that all fair-skinned persons are very sensitive or all dark-skinned persons are completely immune to the effects of sunlight. Anyone can develop Ephelides (Freckles) depending on personal sensitivity whatever be the complexion. Nutritional imbalance and genetic factors may also cause uneven distribution of pigment melanin resulting in Ephelides (Freckles).
THE VARIOUS CAUSES OF EPHELIDES (FRECKLES) ARE BELOW:
- Hormonal imbalance can also cause Ephelides (Freckles)
- Ephelides (Freckles) are influenced by genetic factor also.
- Exposure of skin to sun is one of the main causes of developing Ephelides (Freckles) .Ephelides (Freckles) will fade when sun exposure is reduced.
- The Ephelides (Freckles) can also be a warning sign of skin cancer.
- Hormones abnormalities can cause Ephelides (Freckles), since estrogen over stimulate pigment producing cells, causing them to generate excess color when exposed to sun light.
TYPES OF EPHELIDES (FRECKLES):1) Ephelides:
These are flat red or brown in color appear in summer season & look fainter in the winter season.
These are small in size & can be tan, brown or black in color. These Ephelides (Freckles) will not become fainter in winter. This is also a genetic condition.
Freckles have a great cosmetic value particularly when they are on the
cheeks otherwise they are harmless and pose no danger to general health.
At times, however, they might be mistaken for another skin disease.
Therefore, one should have them checked and evaluated by the dermatologist
to be sure of what the spots are.
Freckles are a fair indication of sensitivity of skin to sunburn and other
skin diseases of more serious nature. Those with hereditary tendency
should avoid prolonged and/or repeated exposure to direct sunrays. For
those whose nature of job does not permit this precaution should use
protective sunscreens to reduce the risk.
There are plenty of products available in the market for external use,
which can reduce the pigmentation and lighten or even eliminate the
There are products that can hide them temporarily but hiding the
freckles is not the answer. They must be treated properly.
Freckles can also be effectively and conveniently treated by internal use
of homeopathic medicines. This is one of those conditions that can be
easily treated in a few weeks.
Some of the commonly used homeopathic
medicines to treat freckles are graphite, kali-carb, lycopodium,
muric-acid, natrum-carb, phosphorus, sepia, sulphur etc.
but you must
consult your homeopath to choose correct medicine, its dose and potency
following methods also can useful
- Laser treatment is the most effective treatment of fading the freckles, the laser beams are subjected on the area and the melanocyte pigment formation is slowed down.
- Conventional methods like bleaching can be done; bleaching cover ups the freckles but does not remove them
- Facial masks can be used to fade away the freckles.
- Vitamin C intake can boost the blood circulation and lights the freckles.
- Mashed bananas, cucumber and apricots are highly effective in lightening the freckles.
- Lime juice is a bleaching agent and diminishes the black spots.
- Vitamin E creams also help in the removal of freckles.
- Sun screen with higher SPF factor must be applied before going out. It not only protects the skin from further damage but also lightens the already present freckles.
dr ajay yadav