Homeopathy offers me a positive and natural way to prevent sporting ailments such as exertion, muscular pain and aching joints, without any residual effects on my performance.
I use remedies such as Ruta grav, which helps treat sprained ligaments, Gelsemium for pre-race jitters, Arnica for bruising and Bellis perennis to treat exertion.
They all offer athletes a natural alternative to traditional and sometimes harmful medicines.” 
As a mother to three teenagers, I have raised my children on homeopathy, using remedies whenever they have been unwell as well as for their general wellbeing.
Taking a leaf out of their mother’s book, my children have even been known to lecture the school doctor on the benefits of homeopathy as opposed to traditional medicines such as antibiotics.” 
“Hilery didn’t perform a physical examination. Instead, she asked me about my background, my personality, my emotions, what made me stressed – even my parents’ health. She constructed a picture of me and gave me a remedy made up exactly to treat my left ovary.”
After taking the prescribed pillules, her cyst gradually became less painful; the throbbing stopped; and she never went back to her GP. She is convinced that the homeopathic remedies she took enhanced and perhaps speeded up the healing process.
“And at home we all rely on homeopathic medicine. When I or one of the children [Amber, Charlie, 13, and Lily, 11] have a cold, we take pulsatilla [a native British flower]. And I always have handy some arnica for bruises, calendula for cuts and grazes, belladonna [not poisonous at this level of dilution] for a throbbing head, and nux vomica [a tree extract that contains traces of strychnine], which I take after the occasional over-indulgence. It gets rid of that ‘uhhh’ feeling in the morning.”
When the family went to Thailand for a wedding, Amber suffered severe food poisoning. “I gave her arsenicum album, which worked very quickly. She went from throwing up all night to dancing at the party.”
Annabel’s husband, Mel Coleman, a 46-year-old former yachtsman and now businessman, is also a convert.
“I’m passionate about homeopathy,” she says. “I sing its praises at dinner parties where I find my audience is one half sceptical and one half increasingly curious.”
And she backs the notion that homeopathy might be useful at Wimbledon. “I’ve used gelsemium in the past to calm my nerves before presenting Wimbledon, but it’s possible it may also work for Andy Murray. However, homeopathic remedies are designed to help with specific symptoms and Andy’s may be different to mine.” 
3 days before she was due in Hong Kong she rang a homoeopath for advice about her horse’s hoof abscess which was not responding to orthodox treatment. After homoeopathic treatment her horse was well enough to compete, and won the silver medal for the Aussie Equestrian team.
She said, “I was first introduced to the advantages of homoeopathy in life and particularly sport and sport horses when based in England in 1997.
We all want to keep ourselves and our equine partners in as good a shape as possible to perform the job at hand.
Non-homoeopathic medicines have their place; however with the drug testing of athletes being so stringent these days, anything that can give you a therapeutic benefit while being within the rules is a huge bonus.
My Witch’s kit (Helios Homoeopathic Kit for Accidents and Emergencies), as we affectionately call it in the family, is always in the float and provides me with great amusement as I watch the sceptics become believers after they benefit from its use.” 
1. Peak Performance, PP 214, page 1
2. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness 1990; 30(3):316-28
3. German Soccer Stars uses homeopathic medicine
4. Professionals rely on Natural Medicine
5. Homeopathic Revolution: Why Famous People and Cultural Heroes Choose Homeopathy,p.89-90.
6. Homeopathic healing: The stars who swear by alternative medicine
7. Homeopathy Awareness Week
8. Homeopathy in Sport
9. Homeopathy Works. We should know, we use it
10. Closer magazine, 24-30 January 2009, p73
11. Homeopathy in Medicine
12. Homeopathy Awareness Week
13. Nelson goes for gold in Homeopathy Awareness Week
14. Zaheer Khan takes to homeopathy
15. DZS (2009) Individuell trainieren – Prof.Dr. P. Billigmann im Interview zum Thema Fussball
16. Medical tribune (2004) Professor Billigmann stärkt Sportler homöopathisch
17. Performance improvement with homeopathy
18. Annabel Croft: Why I have come to rely on homeopathic medicine
19. Olympic success helped with homeopathy
20. A champion’s appraoch to sports medicine
21. Serbian Footballer Steps Forward in Supporting Homeopathy
read more about Dr Nancy and her work on her blog