Homeopathy remedies for Bad Breath ( Halitosis )
Halitosis (malodor, fetor oris or simply bad breath), an unpleasant offensive odour from the mouth, is something you can’t ignore. Close associates, friends and family would certainly agree!
Diabetes: Diabetics suffer from inadequate insulin production, causing them to burn fat (instead of sugar) and produce ketones, and thus a ‘ketone breath’ that smells of nail paint. When ketones rise to unsafe levels (uncontrolled diabetes), you’re at risk of a dangerous condition called diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). It imparts a ‘sweet n fruity odor’ to your breath. Seek medical help immediately.
Kidney Failure: Your breath smells ‘fishy’ or ‘ammonia’ like, with a metallic taste in the mouth if your kidneys can’t get rid of waste like they should. Known as ‘uremic fetor’, the high amount of urea in the saliva and its breakdown to ammonia causes the smell. It’s most common in the last stages of kidney failure, known as end-stage renal disease (ESRD). At this point, you are put on dialysis to filter your blood or you may need a kidney transplant.
Preventing and Treating Bad Breath
- Keep track of the foods you eat and try to:
- Avoid foods and beverages that cause bad breath.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Drink more water.
- Quit smoking. Avoid alcohol and tobacco.
- Suck on sugar-free mints or mouth-wetting lozenges if your mouth tends to get dry.
- Brush your teeth, gums, and tongue with fluoride toothpaste, preferably after each meal. Make sure to reach the gum line as well as tooth surfaces.
- Change your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash twice a day.
- It’s possible to carefully dislodge a tonsil stone at home with a toothbrush or cotton swab. Do not attempt to use sharp instruments. Gargling with warm saline water after you eat helps. Talk to your doctor if you get them often.
- If you wear dentures, remove them while you sleep. Brush and soak them during the night in a disinfecting solution.
- Clean braces and retainers as directed by your dentist.
Homoeopathy For Bad Breath
Dr Ranu ,phatak materia medica