Homeopathy for Hormone Imbalance Safe & Effective
Dr Ajay Yadav
The premise of hormones is to keep the body functioning and maintaining balance. Hormones are only the messengers that start the cells into action. They are released when told to by the gland, but it is the cells that do the work. Hormones influence:
Hormone imbalance in femalesHormonal imbalance in women can lead to various conditions and syndromes. The main syndromes resulting from hormonal imbalance in women are PCOS, premenstrual syndrome and menopausal syndrome. PCOS mainly leads to irregular periods, acne, hair growth on face and infertility. Premenstrual syndrome refers to a set of symptoms that are experienced by women a few days prior to the onset of periods. The major symptoms of premenstrual syndrome are mood swings, irritability, depression, headache, changes in bowel movement, abdominal bloating, breast tenderness and acne. Menopause is the permanent cessation of periods in women. The set of symptoms that appear during menopause are collectively referred to as menopausal syndrome. Symptoms of menopausal syndrome include hot flushes, depression, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness, osteoporosis (weak bones), weight gain (obesity), hair loss, low sex drive, vaginal dryness, excessive vaginal bleeding (flooding).
Female Hormones - Estrogen & Progesterone
Estrogens- Low estrogen: Low estrogen levels are often addressed by supplementing with estrogen, however some nutritional supplements may also help improve symptoms. For example, boron may help boost estrogen production, and plant estrogens and progesterone may provide relief from symptoms of low estrogen.
Hormone imbalance in males
Females are more sensitive to the testosterone hormone which supports female sexual desire and the maintenance of healthy bones and muscles. On average, an adult male produces about ten times more testosterone than an adult female. While testosterone is essential for good health and well-being, the role of Testosterone in both men and women’s bodies goes beyond sex drive and muscles.
- Decreased sex drive
- Inability to focus
- Decreased muscle mass
- Erectile dysfunction
- Weak bones
- Decreased physical strength
- Lower endurance
- Decreased libido
- Weak orgasms
- Low energy, fatigue
- Depression, mood swings
- Decrease in strength
- Less endurance
- Weakened bones
- Loss of focus
High stress, whether it be psychological or physical causes the adrenal glands to work overtime releasing cortisol.
If high stress continues the adrenal glands will continue to make extra cortisol and so they are overworked. During this time DHEA, which is also made by the adrenal glands, may become low due to what is called "pregnenolone steal". This happens as the adrenals use the pregnenolone that would normally be used to make DHEA and progesterone to make more cortisol. If this condition is not treated then eventually the adrenal glands may become exhausted. This is called "adrenal fatigue" or "adrenal exhaustion".
When the adrenals become exhausted they are no longer capable of releasing enough cortisol to protect the body from any type of stress
In the young healthy body DHEA is high and cortisol is low. As part of the natural aging process DHEA usually decreases while cortisol increases, add to that a life full of stress and the low DHEA and high cortisol will be more dramatic
Homeopathy approach - Sarcodes are used in homeopathic practice successfully and they act on the different areas of the body.
- Adrenal Cortex offers natural support for the adrenals.
- Use of glands in homeopathic 6X potency stimulates glandular functioning.
- The adrenal glands play a crucial role in the immune system and in various energy cycles in the body.
- The adrenal glands are taxed during stress and illness and that means increased recovery from illness, pain and inflammation.
- The cortex surrounds the adrenal gland and is involved in the communication and interaction between the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland and the adrenal gland.
- The Adrenal Cortex controls electrolyte balance which may help with edema and water retention.
- Fatigue, stress and allergies often indicate overworked adrenal glands. When under stress, the adrenal gland beings to manufacture hormones at an accelerated rate.
- The adrenal gland synthesizes epinephrine, norepinephrine, and corticosteroids, which travel to specific target organs designed to counter stress.
- The gland, however, without depleting its supply of nutrients and the cells becoming tired.
- Newborns with vomiting and jaundice or diarrhea, especially born of mothers who were physically ill during pregnancy
- During pregnancy; eclampsia in pregnancy with convulsions and edema
- After pregnancy; Diarrhea turning chronic, more indicated if there is edema and weight loss
- Ailments during dentition
- Malnourished children and failure to thrive as a adjunctive treatment
- Ailments before menses
- Menstrual dysfunction, dysmenorrhea, fibroid tumors and ovarian cysts
- Ailments after coition including headaches, cramps, convulsions
- Allergic conditions during periods of high metabolic demand accompanied by edema and angioedema
- Affections of the heart are due to the muscles of the heart weakening.
- Headaches of various causes: wakes up with a headache
- Adrenaline (Epinephrine) - a hormone produced by the adrenal glands and may also be prepared synthetically.
- Cortisone - a steroid hormone secreted by the cortex of the adrenal gland
- Adrenocorticotrophin - a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland which controls the adrenal glands.
- Insulin - a pancreatic hormone that controls sugar metabolism in the body
- Pepsin - a digestive enzyme produced in the stomach, which converts proteins into peptones - produced from the stomach of hog or pig (secretin).
- Orchitinum - Testicular
- Oophorinum - Ovarian of cow, sheep, pig
- Pancreatinum - from pancreases of beef, containing digestive enzymes
- Corpus luteum - from ovaries of pregnant animals
- Cholesterninum - a principle steroid in higher animals, main constituent of gall bladder and bile
- Fel tauri - fresh ox-gall
- Valpis fe - fresh fox-gall
- Mammary glands- from the glands of the cow and sheep
- Parotidinum- extract of the parotid gland of the ox
- Ingluvin – gizzard of a fowl
- Lecithin – yolk of egg and animal brain
- Adrenalin (Epinephrine): Internal secretion of supra renal glands. It is the active principle of the medulla of the suprarenal gland. Its presence is essential to the activities of the sympathetic nerve. It stimulate the sympathetic nerve, causing constriction of the peripheral nerves resulting in rise in blood pressure & showing down of pulses strengthening of heart beat. Therapeutically it is a powerful astringent & thermostatic & is invaluable in checking capillary hemorrhages from all parts, where the local or direct application is feasible. Hemorrhagic condition is not due to the defective coagulation
- It is indicated in acute congestion of lungs, Asthma, Graves disease, Addison’s disease, chronic aortitis, angina, hemophilia, chlorosis, hay fever, serum sickness. It is effective in angina & aortitis when there is a sensation of thoracic constriction $ anguish.Ass with Vertigo, nausea & vomiting, Abdominal pain. Shock or heart failure during anesthesia as it cases rise in blood pressure by acting on nerve ending in vessel wall
- Cholesterinum: Cholesterinum is a substance crystallising in bathels with a mother of pearl. Having a fatty feel. It occur in the blood & brain, yolk of eggs, seed & buds of plants, but most in the bile & biliary calculi. Therapeutically it is recommended as a remedy for cancer of the liver. They are pale, anaemic, complain of headaches, exhaustion, nervousness, acne vulgaris, constipation and menses may be absent or scanty. Again in climacterics period it isØ indicated when the flow ceases and there is tendency to obesity & increased blood pressure. Hot flushes, psychosis and visual irritation not only atØ the natural climateric, but in those that are the result of hysterectomy and oophorectomy it is also indicated. The pruritus vulva that attends some ofØ those cases has been speedily relieved by it. It is to be recommended in the neurasthenic woman who complains of headache, neuromuscular weakness, Mental irritability insomnia and a group of indefinite symptoms that are dependant upon menstrual & ovarian disturbances. It is of service in certain cases of sterility, when bacterial infection, cervical stenosis & other local causes are eliminated. It can be given in case of nausea attends with the earlyØ months of pregnancy. It is very useful in relieving the pain in breast that disturb some women before & during menstruation. It should be remembered in increased blood pressure in women at the climateric period when the usual causes can be eliminated as arteriosclerosis, nephritis.
- Lecithin: A phosphorus – containing complex organic body prepared from the yolk of egg & animal brain .Lecithin has a favorable influence upon the nutritive condition & especially upon the blood, hence its use in anemia & convalescence, neurasthenia and insomnia. It increases the number of red corpuscles and amount of hemoglobin. It is an excellent galactogog, renders milk more nourishing and increases quantity. Causes an immediate decrease in the excretion of the phosphate. It is indicated in faulty nutrition when there is an excessive exertion of phosphates, the patients is weak & exhausted. It should be thought of in the tuberculosis of the young, they are tired, weak and complain of loss of flesh, short breath and general exhaustion.
- The mammary glands The extract is prepared from the glands of the cow
There is a relation b/w these glands & corpus luteum & also with uterus. By prolonging lactation women can prolong the period of amenorrhea. The administration of an extract of these gland is most useful in the profuse menstruation of all young girls. Also in the young girls when the period occurs every two o weeks. It has been employed in uterine fibroids with menorrhagia and metorrhagia. The associated mastodynia is much relieved. It should be used with care during pregnancy as exponents with animals showed it to have an abortifacient action.It have also been employed as a galactogogue.
- Orchitidinum: Testicular extract. It can be used in case of senile decay and nervous breakdown according to brown – sequard. It can be also used in climacteric sufferings. Testicular extract contains much nucleoprotein, and like allØ nucleins has a tendency to lower blood pressure.
- Oophorinum: Extract from the ovary of cow / sheep or pig.Can be
given to these sufferings following the excision of ovaries (lower
triturations) Climacteric disturbances especially nervous
sufferings. Cutaneous disorders, acne resource prurigo etc.,
Ovarian cyst. Complaints> during menses (like zin lach)
- Pancreatinum: Extract of pancreatic & salivary glands of OX or sheep. It is effective in conditions due to faulty action of the pancreas.According to Dr. Burnett it is very effective in gout. It is effective for intestinal digestion. Pain an hour or more after eating.Lienteric diarrhoea.
- Parotid gland: An extract of the parotid glands of the OX has been used. It is effective in ovarian hyperemia and headache, reflex from ovarian disturbances. Dysmenorrhea & Menorhagia.
- Pepsinum: Prepared from pepsin a digestive enzyme produced in the stomach which converts protein into peptones, produced from the stomach of Pig. Indicated in when there is evidence of imperfect digestion, with pain in the region of the stomach, as observed in neurasthenia, diseases of nervous system, acute protracted diseases, surgical diseases, traumatism, gastric cancer & ulcer. It can be remembered in marasmus of children who have been fed on artificial foods. It is useful in diarrhea of children & adults, dependent upon indigestion of the food.
- Placenta: When placental extract is administered to nursing mothers the amount of milk is increased, and the infant receiving this milk grows more rapidly. It acts as galactagogue.
- Pituitary gland: Pituitary exercises a superior control over the growth and development of the sexual organs. Stimulates muscular activity and overcomes uterine inertia. Its influence over unstriped muscular fibre is marked. Cerebral hemorrhage. Will check hemorrhage and add absorption of clot. Utrerine inertia in second stage of labour where as it is fully dilated. High blood pressure, chronic nephritis, prostatitis. Vertigo, difficult mental concentration, confusion & fullness deep in frontal region. During pregnancy & before menses the gland is enlarged in certain cases the enlarged gland before & during menstrual period is attended with menstrual headache. This is usually relieved by the administration of the remedy. Pituitary headache have been cured by the whole gland. In stout women with amenorrhoea & this type of headache. It is usually relieved by this medicine (along thyroidinum). It is also effective in menorrhagia and metorrhagia. It is more servicible in heart failure and in shock when the blood pressure is very low. It should be thought of following parturition and laprotomy when the urinary bladder is semi – paralyzed. In continence of the urine both in adult and children, it has been of service, also in nocturnal enuresis. In the fatigue syndrome asthenia with weakness and neuromuscular pains, also after parturition when the mother remains weak, does not gain her strength and the uterus does not contract normally, an extract of the whole gland is useful. It should be thought of in epilepsy, especially in young children and in youth (when it should be studied in connection with thyroid & parathyroid) The whole gland should be used. Extract of the anterior lobe should be thought of in rickets. Extract of the posterior lobe should be used in diabetes insipid us.
- Secretin: This is formed in the cells of the duodenum when they are acted upon by hydrochloric acid. It passes into the blood rather than along the alimentary canal. It activates the intestinal pancreatic secretions. It stimulates the peristalsis of the intestines and helps to relieve constipation. It is of benefit in gastro hepatic intestinal or digestive insufficiencies. It assists in raising the low urea output. Through its action in assisting intestinal peristalsis it assist in overcoming constipation & relieving intestinal stasis, fermentation & putrefaction.
- The spleen: It seems to produce leucocytes and lymphocytes during intra uterine life. It is a part in formation of red cells. Under certain conditions of the bone marrow this may continue after birth. It is believed that it act as an activator of the pancreas and stomach by furnishing an internal secretion which elaborates trypsin. An extract of the spleen has been employed in the malarial cachexia.It has been employed in enlargement of the spleen.
- Thyroidinum: Dried thyroid gland of the sheep is used for the preparation. It produces anemia, emaciation, muscular weakness, sweating, headache, nervous tremor of face & limbs, tingling sensations, paralysis etc. In myxoedema & cretinism it is very effective. It is effective in Rheumatoid arthritis, infantile wasting, Rickets & delayed union of fractures. It is very effective in undesended testis in boys. .Thyroid weakness causes decided craving for large amount of sweets. It is of use in psoriasis & pityriasis rubra . Arrested development of children. It improves the memory. It is very useful in goiter, excessive obesity, mammary tumour & uterine fibroid. Great weakness and hunger yet looses flesh. Noctural enuresis ,agalctea and vomiting of pregnancy. Patient is chilly. It is also effects in various type of oedema, because it is a powerful diuretic. A state of puffiness & obesity may be regarded as the keynote indication of thyroidinum. Among the pathogenetic effect of thyroidinum optic neuritis and accommodative asthenopia have been observed. It has been noted in the action of growth of hair. T is falling of hair from scalp and abnormal growth in other parts. According to Dr. Burnett brawny swelling is the key note of thyroidinum.