Homeopathy for Keloid Scar
Any kind of skin injury including acne, cuts, or scrapes can at times leave a permanent scar on your skin. In some instances, that scar can grow excessively, becoming a large, lumpy growth, called a keloid, or a hypertrophic scar. Keloids are thick, fibrous scar tissues that have spread beyond the original site of injury during the body’s natural healing process. They develop in 5 to 15 percent of injuries and commonly develop and grow on the chest, back, arms and the upper part of the hand.
Keloids are an abnormal growth of scar tissue, as on the site of a surgical incision or an injury. It may have symptoms like irritation, pain, burning, itching etc. It may also be asymptomatic. It is benign and does not harm the person. But it looks ugly. So Keloids have got importance from cosmetic point of view.
Causes and Symptoms of KeloidsCICATRICAL
• Infection of operation wounds.
• Ear piercing.
• Vaccination site.
• Injection site.
• Mosquito bite.
• 10-30 years.
• Common in females.
• Common in blacks.
• Develop very slowly, growing for several months.
• Chest, upper arms, back, sides of neck, ears.
• Itching and pain.
• Starts as nodules or plaque.
• Gradually enlarging.
• Firm consistency.
• Actively growing is red and itchy.
• Stable, long standing is dark brown.
• Irregular margins, with claw like extensions.
• Cosmetic disfigurement.
• May undergo malignant degeneration. The exact cause of keloids is still unknown, but a common scientific belief that when damage tears skin, collagen forms quickly at the injured area as part of the healing process. Keloids occur when an improper amount of collagen growth occurs in a scar. If there is debris in the wound, the collagen fibers will be laid erratically. Certain hereditary factors can also be held responsible for causing this disease. Formation of keloid scars generally takes place on sites of wounds or skin injuries caused by burns, surgical cuts, traumatic wounds, minor scratches, ear piercing and acne. Individuals with darker skin tone and higher amounts of melanin are more susceptible to formation of keloids.
Apart from the bumpy appearance, these irregular shaped lesions are characterized by symptoms like pain and itching but are not contagious. These lesions can also develop after surgeries or even after minor skin injuries like insect bites. Keloids are troublesome but not malignant (cancerous). This progressive disease can develop either suddenly after an injury or after a few months.
some instruction In subjects predisposed to formation of keloids:
• Avoid any kind of trauma.
• If surgery is essential, incision should be minimal.
• Avoid injections and ear pricking.
Treatment of Keloids
Keloids are very well treated with homeopathy. No surgical procedure is required. No injections are given. No creams or lotions are applied. Only oral medications are given without any diet restrictions. After starting the treatment, the Keloids starts to shrink slowly. One more advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it removes the tendency of having recurrent Keloids. Moreover all homeopathic medicines are safe, natural, easy to administer
Some useful Homeopathy remedies for keloids
Thiosinaminum: Thiosinaminum is one of the most effective Homeopathic medicines to treat Keloids. This natural Homeopathic remedy is very strong and powerful enough to dissolve the scar tissue. It can be prescribed for the treatment of all kinds of Keloids irrespective of the cause. The use of Homeopathic medicine Thiosinaminum is totally free from side effects.One of the Best Homeopathic treatment for Keloids
Nitric Acid:A few patients having Keloids may also have sharp pains that feel like splinters and Nitric Acid is the most appropriate natural Homeopathic remedy for such patients. The Keloid looks irregular in shape and is often jagged in appearance. A very peculiar feature for using Homeopathic medicine Nitric Acid is highly offensive urine. One of the top Homeopathic medicines for Keloids with sharp, splinter-like pain