Homeopathy approach in Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's (AHLZ-high-merz) disease is a progressive brain disorder that gradually destroys a person's memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities. As Alzheimer?s progresses, individuals may also experience changes in personality and behavior, such as anxiety, suspiciousness or agitation, as well as delusions or hallucinations.
1. The usual first symptom noticed is short term memory loss which progresses from seemingly simple and often fluctuating forg
etfulness (with which the disease should not be confused) to a more pervasive loss of short-term memory, then of familiar and well-known skills or objects or persons. Since family members are often the first to notice changes that might indicate the onset of the disease they should learn the early warning signs.
2. Aphasia, disorientation and disinhibition often accompany the loss of memory.
3. Alzheimer's disease may also include behavioral changes, such as outbursts of violence or excessive passivity in people who have no previous history of such behavior.
4 In the later stages, deterioration of musculature and mobility, leading to bedfastness, inability to feed oneself, and incontinance, will be seen if death from some external cause (e.g. heart attack or pneumonia) does not intervene.
5. Average duration of the disease is approximately 7?10 years, although cases are known where reaching the final stage occurs within 4?5 years, or in some reported cases up to 21 years.
some more useful medicine
- Nux Vom – disposition to find fault with everything and every body; extreme sensitiveness to the words and attention of others, inclination to kill his best friends; wants to commit suicide but is too cowardly to do so; very irritable, quarrelsome, vindictive.
- Mercurius – complete loss of all sense of decency; filthy in body with groveling mentality; great weakness of memory; impaired vision; foul breath; heavy coated tongue.
- Ignatia – extreme mental sensitiveness due to grief, disappointment in love affairs.
- Calcaria Carb – complete lack of development of brain and other organs with forgetfulness. Slowness and inability to acquire knowledge.
- Lycopodium – great depression of spirits; despondent; worried about his salvation; about being able to perform his duties; about passing in examination, fretful, irritable, morose, very vehement and angry. Constipation, eructations of sour food.
- Staphisagria – sleeplessness. Coward with shamefulness, disgust, humiliation, despair, shyness with desire for solitude.
- Chamomilla – sensitiveness; irritability, peevishness; very easily angered and suffers profoundly as a result thereof.
- Terentula His – rages over something and throws whatever in hand and whatever he could reach. On slightest contradiction or objection he will hit the person with whatever he can get hold of.
Other natural and alternative methods – mainly include zinkgo biloba, AyurvedIc medications , yoga, folate, olive oil, vitamin D, avoidance of alcohol, low calorie diet etc